""These round Virtually Invisible® in-ceiling speakers are engineered with one 18 cm woofer and two strategically positioned 2.5 cm tweeters each, eliminating the need to aim the speakers into the room. Exclusive Bose® Stereo Everywhere™ speaker performance provides balanced stereo sound over a wider area, with no drop-offs. Sold as a pair.
The best Bose® in-ceiling speaker
- Each speaker has one 18 cm woofer and two strategically positioned 2.54 cm tweeters
- High-quality, full-range performance that most other installed speakers can’t match
- Exclusive Stereo Everywhere™ speaker performance covers the room with balanced stereo sound—no drop-offs
- A near-bezel-less construction blends elegantly into the room’s design; easily paintable grilles
- Standard dogleg clamps and magnetically attached grilles make installation fast and easy
The sound stands out. The speakers blend in.
The ultra slim bezel is attached directly to the speaker grille, allowing them to be easily painted in one simple step and blend elegantly into the room. And with no cloth scrim, there’s no worry of excess paint clumping or soaking in. Plus, magnets allow them to snap on and off quickly. Installation is quick and easy with standard dogleg clamps.
- Speakers:11.2 cm H x 25.4 cm Diameter (2.1 kg)
In the box
- Speaker grilles
Other items you may need
- Speaker wire (For help choosing the appropriate gauge, see the owner’s manual.)
What makes Virtually Invisible® speakers different from other in ceiling speakers?
The Virtually Invisible® family of speakers delivers superior all-around performance relative to most competitors in their price and size class. Compared to typical in-ceiling speakers and in-wall speakers, Virtually Invisible® speakers produce more spacious sound and play lower notes. They also avoid hot spots common to many other overhead speakers.
What makes the Virtually Invisible® 791 speakers II different from the 791 speakers?
The Virtually Invisible® 791 speakers II feature a streamlined design that makes installation even easier through magnets in the baffle that allow the metal grilles to attach magnetically. The speaker also blends into a room more seamlessly with a nearly bezel-less industrial design.
In which types of ceiling construction can Virtually Invisible® speakers be installed?
Virtually Invisible® speakers can be installed in wood frame construction covered with wallboard made of gypsum, plaster and lath, panelling or similar construction. They can be installed in ceilings containing malleable fibreglass batt insulation or blown-in cellulose insulation, but not rigid foam insulation or asbestos.
Can I install Virtually Invisible® speakers myself?
Yes. Virtually Invisible® speakers use industry-standard installation techniques. If you’re comfortable cutting plasterboard and working with a screwdriver, you can install a speaker. The difficulty of running speaker wire varies greatly depending on the house.